Popular Chicken Wing Hotspot Shuts Down in Mississauga
One of the city's most popular spots for chicken wings appears to have shut down, leaving residents in South Mississauga with one less local option for very spicy (or sweet or mild) wings.
The Wingery, a chain with two locations in the city, appears to have lost its South Mississauga location at Southdown and Royal Windsor Drive.
A Wingery staff member indicated that the location ceased to be operational a few short weeks ago. InSauga is waiting to confirm if the closure is permanent or due to renovations and has reached out to The Wingery to inquire.
The phone number at the Southdown location appears to have been disconnected.
For those who are unaware, The Wingery is a chicken wing takeout and delivery joint with the catchy and cheeky “Size Matters” slogan.
Not only does the brand have massive (and flavourful) wings, it also has sandwiches, perogies, poutine, mac and cheese bites, fried pickles and chicken fingers.
Fortunately for wing lovers, the North Mississauga location on Driftcurrent Drive is operational.
Updates to follow.
- BREAKING: Mississauga Makes Final Decision on Whether or Not to Allow Cannabis Retail Stores
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man a Millionaire Following Huge Lotto Win
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- L.A.-Based Store Opens First Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga