Popular Chicken Wing Hotspot Shuts Down in Mississauga
One of the city's most popular spots for chicken wings appears to have shut down, leaving residents in South Mississauga with one less local option for very spicy (or sweet or mild) wings.
The Wingery, a chain with two locations in the city, appears to have lost its South Mississauga location at Southdown and Royal Windsor Drive.
A Wingery staff member indicated that the location ceased to be operational a few short weeks ago. InSauga is waiting to confirm if the closure is permanent or due to renovations and has reached out to The Wingery to inquire.
The phone number at the Southdown location appears to have been disconnected.
For those who are unaware, The Wingery is a chicken wing takeout and delivery joint with the catchy and cheeky “Size Matters” slogan.
Not only does the brand have massive (and flavourful) wings, it also has sandwiches, perogies, poutine, mac and cheese bites, fried pickles and chicken fingers.
Fortunately for wing lovers, the North Mississauga location on Driftcurrent Drive is operational.
Updates to follow.
- Drugs found at kids playland as 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga