Popular Burger Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
Burger lovers, rejoice—a brand new burger joint (and one that harkens back to a bygone era, no less) has just opened its doors in Mississauga.
The new burger resto, located on Lakeshore Rd. E., just east of Port Credit, is actually a 65-year-old chain from Michigan called Bray's Hamburgers. The resto, which offers everything from classic burgers and cheeseburgers to hot dogs, grilled cheese sandwiches and a huge breakfast menu (more on that later), specializes in nostalgia—it's bringing the 50s burger back.
"Bray's Hamburgers first opened in Westland, Michigan in 1952. It started out as a small burger stand on Ford Rd and eventually went on to become a beloved Michigan based franchise," says Nora Duhanaj, a Bray's representative.
The restaurant, which seats about 60 people and offers both takeout and dine-in service, is the brand's first Canadian location.
"Our Bray's location in Mississauga is our first Canadian store. We have been expanding our franchise in the United States and after coming to Canada often to visit family, believed that it was the right time to expand over the border," says Duhanaj. "We picked Mississauga because it has a similar feel to the neighborhood that we opened our first store back in the 50s."
As far as the menu goes, Bray's offers its signature 50s Burger with lettuce, tomato and onion and the brand's special sauce.
The menu also features single, double and triple patty burgers, fries, chili fries, a number of combos (including a 10 cheeseburger combo) and a slew of breakfast items (including egg and cheese bagels and sandwiches, omelettes, French toast, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, combos and more).
"Our menu is small but tasty and we offer a variety of different burgers, but always rely on our sliders to make our customers come back for more. We also have a great American style breakfast."
So far, Duhanaj says customers are responding well to the nostalgic resto.
"Our diners have been very happy with their service and food. We have had many repeat customers even though we have only been open for a week."
So there you have it, if you're in the mood for some old school dining, Bray's might be worth checking out.
- Major Weather Alerts in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Vehicle Flees After Striking Female Pedestrian in Mississauga
- American Burger Joint Closes Down in Mississauga
- A Brand New Burger Joint Has Opened in Mississauga
- One of the Most Popular Burger Joints Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Burger Joint Arrives in Mississauga
- One of the Most Popular Burger Joints is Opening A New Location in Mississauga