Popular and Unique New Store Coming to Mississauga
The craze surrounding raw and organic food isn't just for homosapians to indulge in—pets are, it appears, also becoming big consumers of specialty food products.
And fortunately for more food-conscious pet parents, a boutique pet store that specializes in more unique offerings is about to set up shop in Mississauga.
The Bone & Biscuit Company, a Canadian boutique pet food and supply retail franchise specializing in organic and raw food products, recently announced its expansion into the Ontario market with eight new stores in production for 2018-2019.
The brand's Guelph, Hamilton, Etobicoke, and Oakville locations are projected to open their doors to shoppers on or before November 1, while four additional stores will be joining the fray in 2019—including two in Toronto, one in Mississauga and another in Vaughan.
“We’re receiving an overwhelming amount of inquiries in support of our Ontario expansion. At the current rate, I would anticipate opening at minimum 5 stores per calendar year in the Ontario market alone,” said Lee Drescher, director and founder.
In a news release, Drescher says that while the appetite for raw and organic pet foods has been pronounced on the west coast for some time, he sees the preference for natural alternatives gaining ground in Ontario.
"With the procurement of convenient retail spaces anchored to national grocery chains, quick and full-service restaurants, gas service and liquor stores, the Bone & Biscuit is sure to leave a strong paw print in eastern Canada," the news release reads.
The Bone & Biscuit Company currently operates over 30 locations across Canada.
- Top 5 Organic Grocery Stores in Mississauga
- Metro Inc. recalls 21 products from Ontario stores due to possible Salmonella contamination
- Popular health food chain opening new store in Mississauga
- Ontario is opening the cannabis retail market
- Fraudulent Products May be Sold in Mississauga Grocery Stores
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga