Popular American Wing Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
In 2017, some people in the City Centre area were surprised to see that Stir Kitchen & Beverage Co., had shuttered its doors for good.
The relatively new restaurant was working to fill the void left by the once bustling Crocodile Rock in the Eglinton and Hurontario by offering diners a one-stop-shopping mix of higher-end casual dining and nightlife, so people looking to pair charcuterie boards with some Saturday night beverages were no doubt disappointed to see the resto go.
Now, however, we know what's taking its place.
Anchor Bar, a resto with the tagline "The Original Buffalowing," is setting up shop in Stir's old stomping grounds.
According to Anchor Bar's website, the new location is slated to open on June 7.
As far as the resto itself goes, the website indicates the creation of the popular American chain began on March 4, 1964 when Dominic Bellissimo was tending bar the Anchor Bar restaurant in Buffalo, New York. That night, Bellissimo asked his mother, Teressa, to make some food for a group of hungry revelers and the wings she conjured up were a smash.
"Teressa had deep fried the wings and flavoured them with a secret sauce. The wings were an instant hit and it didn't take long for people to flock to the bar to experience this new taste sensation," the website reads.
"From that evening on, Buffalo wings became a regular part of the menu at the Anchor Bar."
As far as the menu goes, it features wings (of course) that come in myriad flavours, including mild, medium, spicy BBQ, cajun rub, maple honey garlic, lemon pepper, suicide and more.
Other items on the culinary docket include buttermilk chicken tenders, ribs, poutine (including buffalo chicken and taco-inspired varieties), fries, onion rings, salad, popcorn shrimp, nachos, brick oven pizza, burgers (including a pepper jelly brie burger), sandwiches, fish and chips and more.
As of now, the brand only operates locations in Burlington and Toronto, so this will be Anchor Bar's first Mississauga location.
The brand is also opening a new location in Waterloo in July.
We'll keep you updated on more new opening details as they emerge.
Photo courtesy of Anchor Bar Canada’s official Facebook page
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Popular American Wing Resto Officially Open in Mississauga
- Brand New American Restaurant Goes Bankrupt in Mississauga
- Unique Toronto Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Toronto Burger Joint Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular Casual Restaurant Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga