Popular American Ice Cream Brand Coming to Mississauga
It doesn't matter how cold it is, there's never a bad time to indulge in ice cream—and now, Mississauga residents have another option.
Halo Top Creamery, which became America’s best-selling pint of ice cream in 2017, will hit freezer aisles nationwide in Canada beginning in early March.
The ice cream will be sold in select Loblaw, Metro, Whole Foods, Save on Foods and CO-OP locations.
For those worried about their waistline, the brand says each serving of Halo Top (about four servings per pint) has 80-100 calories and only 6-8 grams of sugar (so you can enjoy your snack without worrying that you're consuming an incredible amount of excess calories).
Since launching in 2011, Halo Top has been named one of Time Magazine’s “25 Best Inventions of 2017" for its lower-calorie content.
“Our No. 1 international request by far was to bring Halo Top to Canada,” said Justin Woolverton, Halo Top Creamery CEO & founder. “We’re so excited to be able to share Halo Top with Canadians and hope they love it as much as we do.”
Halo Top will be available in 12 flavours including:
Vanilla bean, chocolate, peanut butter swirl, chocolate chip cookie dough, candy bar, caramel macchiato, sea salt caramel, birthday cake, mint chip, pancakes & waffles, oatmeal cookie, cookies and cream.
So if you have a hankering for slightly more guilt-free ice cream this spring, you might want to hit up your nearest grocery store.
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- New go-karting track opening in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children