Popular American Ice Cream Brand Coming to Mississauga
It doesn't matter how cold it is, there's never a bad time to indulge in ice cream—and now, Mississauga residents have another option.
Halo Top Creamery, which became America’s best-selling pint of ice cream in 2017, will hit freezer aisles nationwide in Canada beginning in early March.
The ice cream will be sold in select Loblaw, Metro, Whole Foods, Save on Foods and CO-OP locations.
For those worried about their waistline, the brand says each serving of Halo Top (about four servings per pint) has 80-100 calories and only 6-8 grams of sugar (so you can enjoy your snack without worrying that you're consuming an incredible amount of excess calories).
Since launching in 2011, Halo Top has been named one of Time Magazine’s “25 Best Inventions of 2017" for its lower-calorie content.
“Our No. 1 international request by far was to bring Halo Top to Canada,” said Justin Woolverton, Halo Top Creamery CEO & founder. “We’re so excited to be able to share Halo Top with Canadians and hope they love it as much as we do.”
Halo Top will be available in 12 flavours including:
Vanilla bean, chocolate, peanut butter swirl, chocolate chip cookie dough, candy bar, caramel macchiato, sea salt caramel, birthday cake, mint chip, pancakes & waffles, oatmeal cookie, cookies and cream.
So if you have a hankering for slightly more guilt-free ice cream this spring, you might want to hit up your nearest grocery store.
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccinations this week
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga