Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says that Roberto Bastone, 30, matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the November 5, 2020, Daily Grand draw to win $100,000.
“I’ve been playing the lottery since I was of age to,” Bastone told OLG. “This is my first major win!”
Bastone’s Encore ticket was gifted to him from his mother. He discovered his big win while using the OLG Lottery App.
“I had to double-check because I was in disbelief,” he told OLG
Bastone, a policy officer, told his parents about his big win immediately.
“They couldn’t believe it either! This provides me with some financial security. I may take a trip after the pandemic, but for now, I will save the money,” he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart on North Park Drive in Brampton.
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview.
Customers with prizes over $50,000 are asked to call 1-800-387-0098 to discuss available prize claim options. Prize claims up to $49,999.90 should continue to be submitted by mail.
- Last call to claim winning lotto prize in Mississauga
- Lottery ticket worth $1 million unclaimed in Mississauga
- Mississauga health care worker "in disbelief" after big lottery win
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga man wins a big lotto prize and his wife started to cry at the store
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- Man charged with allegedly using fake COVID-19 document at Pearson Airport in Mississauga