Police warning public of new scam sent via text
Peel Regional Police (PRP) is warning the public of a new scam.
On Thursday (January 21), PRP shared a pair of texts where scammers posing as employees of service providers sent a link and urged the user to click on it to receive a refund or payment.
Police are urging residents who receive such messages NOT to open the link, and instead immediately delete the messages.
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021