Police warning public of new scam sent via text
Peel Regional Police (PRP) is warning the public of a new scam.
On Thursday (January 21), PRP shared a pair of texts where scammers posing as employees of service providers sent a link and urged the user to click on it to receive a refund or payment.
Police are urging residents who receive such messages NOT to open the link, and instead immediately delete the messages.
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot