Police Warning of Bomb Threats
Peel Regional Police have advised caution following several unfounded reports of bomb threats sent to various businesses.
According to police, these threats come via email demanding a payment in bitcoin to disclose the location of the bomb.
This matter goes beyond Mississauga, as CNN reports of similar bomb threats emailed to dozens of businesses and institutions across the United States.
Peel police have advised that if you receive a similar email, please do not respond but contact 905-453-3311 or 911.
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Mississauga
- Major Weather Alerts in Effect for Mississauga
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure Following Robbery in Mississauga
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Vehicle Flees After Striking Female Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threats Against Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga Reeling from Bomb Scare at Hospital
- Police Arrest Individual After Threats Made Against Mississauga School
- Bomb Threat Evacuates GO Bus Heading to Square One
- Police Increasing Presence at Mississauga Schools Due to Threats