Police Warning Against Drunk Driving After Bizarre Golf Cart Incident in Mississauga
Peel police are warning people not to drink and drive following back-to-back traffic incidents in Brampton and Mississauga—one of which involved, of all things, a golf cart.
Peel police Const. Lori Murphy said the first incident, which involved an allegedly impaired driver colliding with some shrubbery, occurred in the Heart Lake Road and Countryside Drive area in Brampton.
The driver was transported to hospital with minor injuries.
Shortly before midnight, police reported that another reportedly impaired driver was arrested. Murphy said the driver, who blew three times over the legal limit, was actually driving a golf cart of the time of the arrest.
He was stopped by officers in the Glen Erin and Meadowvale Town Centre Circle area.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Peel Police Arrest Two Reportedly Impaired Drivers Back to Back
- Police Warn Against Impaired Driving After Troubling Incident Involving Mississauga Mother
- Police on Scene Following Impaired Driving Incident in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Impaired Driver Passed Out Behind Wheel in Mississauga
- Driver in Custody After Alleged Drunk Driving Incident in Mississauga