Police stopped a driver going over three times the speed limit in Brampton
A Toronto resident has had their licence suspended following a recent speeding incident in Brampton.
Police say they stopped a driver on Friday evening who was going 211 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone — over three times the speed limit.
No injuries were reported.
The driver, a 32 year old G2 licence holder from Toronto, had their vehicle impounded and licence suspended for seven days.
211 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone!That’s 3x the speed limit. Good news is no one died - better news is the vehicle has been impounded and this 32 year old G2 licence holder from Toronto had his licence suspended for 7 days. @PRPRoadSafety #stuntdriving #slowdown #takethepledgepeel pic.twitter.com/HrQFsMQRRd— PRP Road Safety Services (@PRPRoadSafety) March 20, 2021
- Tow truck caught going over double the speed limit in Brampton
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Driver charged after allegedly going over twice the speed limit in Mississauga
- Mississauga resident charged with driving double the speed limit
- 19 year old charged after allegedly going triple the speed limit on the QEW
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers