Police still looking for outstanding suspect in fatal shooting of teenage boy in Mississauga
Police have issued an arrest warrant for a suspect wanted in connection with the murder of 17-year-old Jonathan Davis, an innocent bystander who was gunned down near an ice cream truck in a residential area in Mississauga in 2019.
Peel police say that on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, officers responded to reports of a shooting at an apartment building on Darcel Avenue in Malton. Upon arrival, police located a young man suffering from gunshot wounds.
Despite the best efforts of first responders, Davis, a Grade 12 student at Lincoln Alexander Secondary School, died at the scene.
Five other victims, including a 13-year-old girl, a 16-year-old boy, two 17-year-old boys, and a 50-year-old woman, were taken to hospital with non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
"As we approach the one-year anniversary of this tragic incident our investigators continue to work tirelessly to locate those responsible, bring them to justice, and provide closure to the family and friends of Johnathon Davis. The impacts of gun violence are permanent. We will be relentless in our efforts to combat this violence and to protect other families from experiencing the needless loss it creates" said Peel police Deputy Nick Milinovich in a statement.
In July 2020, two suspects were arrested for their alleged involvement in the incident.
Police say a third suspect has since been identified as Tyrone Lothian, a 21-year-old man from Brampton.
Police say a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
The suspect is described as a male who is 5'10" and approximately 200 pounds. Police say he has a medium build, shoulder-length braided black hair, and brown eyes.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905- 453-2121, extension 3205. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting PeelCrimeStoppers.ca.
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police make two arrests, seeking more suspects in brazen daylight shooting that claimed the life of 17-year-old boy in Mississauga
- Police Searching For Mississauga Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Homicide Suspect
- Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga