Police seize loaded gun during house party investigation in Mississauga
A firearm has been seized and one person arrested following a recent incident in Mississauga.
Around 6:12 a.m. on Saturday, March 14, officers responded to reports of a person with a firearm at a residence in the area of Huntingfield Drive and Glenn Hawthorne Boulevard.
"Investigation revealed that an altercation occurred at a house party at which point, a firearm was seen," police say. "There was no evidence that a firearm had been discharged and no reports of any injuries being sustained."
Police seized a loaded, semi-automatic handgun.
23 year old St. Catharines man Joshua Shirley was arrested. He is charged with Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, Possession of a Loaded Firearm, and two counts of Failing to Comply with Release Order.
Shirley attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on March 14, 2020 for a bail hearing.
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Firearm Seized After Fight Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- A loaded semi-automatic was seized from an 18-year-old in Mississauga
- Peel police seize loaded firearm during recent arrest
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Complaints about the Canada Revenue Agency up 93% in December