Police seize drugs and loaded firearm after suspect flees crash in Hamilton
Published October 23, 2021 at 6:26 pm
An Etobicoke man is facing numerous charges after a crash that took place in Hamilton on Friday, October 22.
At 3:40 p.m., officers responded to a vehicle collision in the area of York Boulevard and Pearl Street North, with the driver of the vehicle fleeing the scene on foot.
“A citizen who observed the accident and observed the suspect flee from the scene contacted police and assisted in identifying his location. Officers located the suspect who would again engage the officers in a foot pursuit,” said police.
Police were able to apprehend the suspect in a nearby convenience store.
“Officers located a loaded firearm and numerous controlled substances that the suspect discarded during the foot pursuit,” said police.
29 year old Etobicoke man Jeffery Kumi was arrested and charged with:
- Careless Use of Firearm
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm
- Prohibited Firearm – Loaded
- Possession Contrary to Order x2
- Possession for the Purpose – Cocaine
- Possession for the Purpose – Fentanyl
- Proceeds of Crime Under $5000
- Fail to Comply with Release Order x8
- Fail to Comply Probation x2
- Fail to Stop
Anyone with further information is asked to contact police at 905-546-3818 or 905-546-4725.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies