Police Seeking Witnesses in Collision that Killed 15-Year-Old Girl in Mississauga
Peel police are asking anyone with any information regarding a tragic collision that occurred late last week to please come forward.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2, a 15-year-old girl and a male friend were attempting to cross Britannia Road at Glen Erin Drive when the girl was struck by a silver Honda CRV traveling eastbound on Britannia.
Tragically, the young pedestrian sustained fatal injuries and succumbed to those injuries in hospital.
The male friend she was with managed to make it to the median and was unhurt.
The victim has been identified as Madeleine Petrielli, a teen from Mississauga.
The driver of the Honda remained at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation. No charges have been laid at this time.
Investigators are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen the collision or have video footage of the incident to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Collision in Misissauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Senior Seriously Injured in Crash in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses for Monday Collision
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children