Police Seek Public Assistance Locating Man Allegedly Responsible for Fire in Mississauga
Police have obtained a warrant of arrest for a man reportedly responsible for a residential and vehicle fire in Mississauga.
Police say that on Sunday, November 5, 2017 at around 1 a.m., police and fire and emergency services responded to a fire at a residential building near Park Street East and Helene Street North.
“Investigation has revealed that a fire was deliberately set on one of the floors in the building, which at the time of incident was occupied by multiple residents,” say Peel Regional Police. “A second fire was deliberately set to a motor vehicle outside of the building. Although no occupants sustained any injuries, the fire caused considerable damage to the building and the vehicle.”
Mark Blair, 42, of no fixed address is believed to be responsible. A warrant of arrest for arson-disregard for human life, arson-cause damage to property, criminal harassment, and uttering threat to cause death has been issued for Blair.
Blair is described as male, black with a mediium complexion, 5’8”, with a slim build, black hair, and grey eyes.
Police said Blair is known to operate a grey 2006 Pontiac Montana minivan with Ontario license plate CBTP488, similar to the one in our cover photo, courtesy of Peel police.
Blair is believed to be actively evading arrest and “considered dangerous.” Police say that if you see him he is not to be approached - you should report him to 9-1-1 immediately.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses to this incident or anyone who may have video surveillance, dashboard video, or any information regarding this incident.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Blair or any other information about this incident is asked to call investigators of 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Release Photo of Man Wanted in Connection with Apartment Fire in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection with Suspicious Fire in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Housing Complex Destroyed by Fire in Mississauga
- Police investigating suspected arson at heritage building in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Man Who Might Have Started Small Fire
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 26 to 30
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga