Police Seek Public Assistance Identifying Robbery Suspect
Police are looking for a robbery suspect who fled after a hold-up on Tuesday.
Peel police say that on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, at around 11 a.m. a female suspect attempted robbery at a bank in the area of Cawthra and Burnhamthorpe.
“The suspect approached a teller and produced a hold-up note indicating she had a gun and demanded money,” police said in a statement. “The suspect did not obtain any money but fled the scene on foot.”
The suspect has been described as an adult female wearing sunglasses, a black and white striped jacket, a black toque, black gloves, with a maroon and cream coloured scarf around her neck, black pants, and black boots.
Anyone who may have been in the area or can identify the suspect should contact police immediately.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3410. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Major weather statement in effect for Mississauga
- Very controversial, secretive business opens up in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Original News Coverage of the 1979 Mississauga Train Derailment
- Company creating close to 300 new jobs in Mississauga
- 40 YEARS LATER: Canada’s Biggest Evacuation in History Happened in Mississauga