Police Searching for Witnesses Following Murder of Mississauga Woman
Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are still investigating the 24th homicide of 2018, which claimed the life of a Mississauga woman.
According to police, on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018, officers responded to reports of found human remains that were located in a bush area adjacent to a utility box, located on the southeast corner of Glen Erin Drive and Dunwin Drive, in Mississauga.
The remains were identified as 42-year-old Xiuyan Chen who was reported missing on July 28, 2018
It has been over 12 months since Chen (also known as Lulu, Cici and Ivy Chen) was reported missing and since the discovery of her remains, investigators have been actively investigating this incident.
“We have a team of officers who have been following up on several leads, to try and locate the person or persons responsible for the murder of Xiuyan,” Inspector Martin Ottaway from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau said in a statement. “We now need the help from the public. Someone knows who is responsible for taking Xiuyan away from her loved ones and we need them to come forward and tell us who that is, so we can hold them responsible for their actions.”
Investigators are appealing for witnesses or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext 3205.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photo is courtesy of Peel Police.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Human Remains Linked With Murder of Mississauga Woman
- Peel Police Searching For 35-Year-Old Mississauga Woman Missing Since 2015
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Missing Woman Case Now a Homicide Investigation in Mississauga