Police searching for suspects who fled after male shot in Mississauga
The investigation is ongoing into a recent shooting in Mississauga.
Around 6:45 p.m. on Saturday, February 22, officers responded to a male shot in the parking lot of a business in the area of Mavis and Britannia Road.
“The victim had already been driven to a local hospital by friends, hospital personnel made the decision to transport the victim to a Toronto trauma centre,” police say.
“Investigators learned that a struggle ensued between the victim and one of the suspects.”
The victim has successfully undergone surgery and is now recovering from his injuries.
Police say the suspects fled in an older model two-door dark coloured Honda Accord that was last seen travelling eastbound on Britannia.
The first suspect is described as a black male in his mid 20s, 5'11", with a medium build. He was wearing a baseball cap with LA on the front, a puffy brown jacket, black pants, and black and white running shoes.
The second suspect is described as a white male in his mid 20s, 5'11", with a thin build. He was wearing a blue jacket with fur hood, dark coloured pants, and black shoes.
Anyone with information on this incident, the suspects, or the vehicle is asked to contact police at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
Photos: Peel Regional Police handout
- Police Searching for Suspects After Older Man Assaulted in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspects After Victim Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: Victim of Armed Kidnapping Located and Hospitalized
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects
- Police Searching for Attempted Armed Robbery Suspect in Mississauga
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Suspect on the run after early morning stabbing in Oakville
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada