Police Searching for Suspects in Mississauga Shooting
Peel police remain on scene in north Mississauga on Monday morning following a shooting which landed one person in hospital.
“We’re still investigating,” said Const. Mark Fischer.
The incident unfolded at the Erin Mills-Meadowvale border at 9:55 p.m. in the Glen Erin Dr. and Britannia Rd. area.
That’s when a male victim who was shot went into a store in the Fresh Co. plaza to report it.
When police arrived - tactical and canine units were also on scene - the victim had already left.
He was later located at a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
“We can confirm that he did receive an injury consistent with a gunshot, however, at this point we have no suspect information to go on,” said Fischer.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the 11 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1133 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot