Police Searching for Suspected Pimp Wanted for Mississauga Assault
Peel police have issued an arrest warrant for a male suspect in connection with a human trafficking investigation.
On Friday, Feb. 3, police were called to investigate reports of a violent assault on a female victim in Mississauga. According to police, further investigation revealed that the suspect was actively involved in trafficking the victim for a period of time.
It has been alleged that the suspect profited from the victim's acts, and that he exercised control over all aspects of her life.
Investigators have issued an arrest warrant for Kartel Pye, a 25-year-old male of no fixed address, for a host of offenses, including deriving material benefit from sexual services, trafficking in persons, two counts of assault, assault causing bodily harm, forcible confinement, overcoming resistance by attempting to choke, suffocate or strangle another person, uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm, sexual assault and more.
Pye is described as a 5'6" black male who is 141 pounds. He has brown eyes and a medium build.
Investigators believe that Pye travels frequently between the GTA and his hometown of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
If anyone has information in relation to this investigation, they are urged to call the Major Drugs and Vice Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3515. Anonymous tips can also be submitted via Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Human Trafficking Suspect in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot