Police Searching for Man Who Might Have Started Small Fire
Peel police are appealing to the public for help in locating a man suspected of mischief after allegedly starting a small fire in his basement apartment in Mississauga.
Police are attempting to locate Maurice Miles in connection with the incident. He is described as a 5'10" black male who is approximately 150 pounds. He has a slim build and was last seen near his home in the McLaughlin and Matheson Road area in Mississauga. He was last seen wearing a black puffy Raiders jacket and blue jeans.
Police told insauga.com that the fire, which was very small, was extinguished before emergency crews arrived on scene.
The fire was reported by a concerned resident and Miles fled before fire crews arrived on scene.
No injuries have been reported.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Miles is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, extension 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police Seek Public Assistance Locating Man Allegedly Responsible for Fire in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Housing Complex Destroyed by Fire in Mississauga
- Emergency Crews on Scene at Apartment Fire in Mississauga
- Fire crews on scene at possible apartment fire in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Police Locate Missing 21-Year-Old Mississauga Man
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga