Police Searching for Attempted Armed Robbery Suspect in Mississauga
A photo and police sketch have been released for the suspect of a robbery that took place in Mississauga.
The incident occurred at 6:05 p.m. on March 28, 2017 in the area of Ambler Drive and Kamato Road, north of Tomken. The suspect, allegedly armed with a handgun, met with a female victim and tried to rob her.
Police say a struggle ensued between the suspect and the victim, causing a single bullet to be discharged and become lodged in a door.
The suspect fled the area by unknown means, police say. The victim was uninjured.
The suspect is described as a dark brown male, thought to be either Guyanese or mixed race, between 24 and 30 years old. He is 5'10" tall and 160-170 lbs with a medium build, black wavy hair, and dark eyes.
He was wearing dark pants, a black zip up hoodie or jacket, a camouflage-coloured hunting vest, and tan-coloured boots.
The suspect may go by the name "Frank Whyte" and may frequent the area of Trethewey Drive area in Toronto, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect or this incident is asked to contact police at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3410.
Photos via Peel Regional Police
- Police searching for suspect following attempted armed robbery in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect of Robbery and Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Police Seek Public Assistance Identifying Robbery Suspect
- Robbery Suspect Armed with a Gun on the Loose in Mississauga
- Police Looking For Potentially Armed Suspect Following Robbery in Mississauga
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas