Police Searching for Attempted Armed Robbery Suspect in Mississauga
A photo and police sketch have been released for the suspect of a robbery that took place in Mississauga.
The incident occurred at 6:05 p.m. on March 28, 2017 in the area of Ambler Drive and Kamato Road, north of Tomken. The suspect, allegedly armed with a handgun, met with a female victim and tried to rob her.
Police say a struggle ensued between the suspect and the victim, causing a single bullet to be discharged and become lodged in a door.
The suspect fled the area by unknown means, police say. The victim was uninjured.
The suspect is described as a dark brown male, thought to be either Guyanese or mixed race, between 24 and 30 years old. He is 5'10" tall and 160-170 lbs with a medium build, black wavy hair, and dark eyes.
He was wearing dark pants, a black zip up hoodie or jacket, a camouflage-coloured hunting vest, and tan-coloured boots.
The suspect may go by the name "Frank Whyte" and may frequent the area of Trethewey Drive area in Toronto, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect or this incident is asked to contact police at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3410.
Photos via Peel Regional Police
- Government of Canada Issues Travel Advisory for Mexico
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- A Look at the Most Expensive and Cheapest Houses in Mississauga
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- VIDEO: The Iron Throne is at Square One in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect of Robbery and Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Police Seek Public Assistance Identifying Robbery Suspect
- Police Looking For Potentially Armed Suspect Following Robbery in Mississauga
- Robbery Suspect Armed with a Gun on the Loose in Mississauga
- Police Hunting for Robbery Suspect Who Has Hit Brampton and Mississauga