Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
Police are assisting a person in distress in Mississauga.
Peel police say that a Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team (MCRRT) is attempting to speak to a man in crisis in the Freemont and White Hart area (which is close to the McLaughlin and 401 intersection).
An MCRRT works with police and social workers to respond to calls for service where mental health concerns and/or crises are identified.
Police say the man is on the balcony of a building.
There’s a large police presence in the area.
Police say that the situation has de-escalated.
“The man is being transported to local hospital for further support,” police said.
- Number of mental health crisis calls climbing in Mississauga
- Peel Police Responding To Man In Crisis In Mississauga
- Peel council to hear motion on lessening police’s involvement in mental health-related calls in Mississauga
- Police On Scene Due to Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Police Say Mental Health-Related Calls on the Rise in Mississauga
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19