Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
Police are assisting a person in distress in Mississauga.
Peel police say that a Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team (MCRRT) is attempting to speak to a man in crisis in the Freemont and White Hart area (which is close to the McLaughlin and 401 intersection).
An MCRRT works with police and social workers to respond to calls for service where mental health concerns and/or crises are identified.
Police say the man is on the balcony of a building.
There’s a large police presence in the area.
Police say that the situation has de-escalated.
“The man is being transported to local hospital for further support,” police said.
- Number of mental health crisis calls climbing in Mississauga
- Peel Police Responding To Man In Crisis In Mississauga
- Large police presence on scene for person in crisis in Burlington
- Crisis workers to assist OPP with calls related to mental health
- Peel council to hear motion on lessening police’s involvement in mental health-related calls in Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic