Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
Police are assisting a person in distress in Mississauga.
Peel police say that a Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team (MCRRT) is attempting to speak to a man in crisis in the Freemont and White Hart area (which is close to the McLaughlin and 401 intersection).
An MCRRT works with police and social workers to respond to calls for service where mental health concerns and/or crises are identified.
Police say the man is on the balcony of a building.
There’s a large police presence in the area.
Police say that the situation has de-escalated.
“The man is being transported to local hospital for further support,” police said.
- Number of mental health crisis calls climbing in Mississauga
- Peel Police Responding To Man In Crisis In Mississauga
- Peel council to hear motion on lessening police’s involvement in mental health-related calls in Mississauga
- Police On Scene Due to Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Police Say Mental Health-Related Calls on the Rise in Mississauga
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Donation from former Mississauga mayoral candidate and teacher puts controversial Tory MP on the hot seat