Police responding to man in distress in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are responding to a disturbance in Mississauga.
At 4:42 p.m. today (July 23), PRP was called to the area of Goreway Drive and Derry Road in relation to a man in distress.
The man has barricaded himself inside a residence, and officers are on scene and attempting to de-escalate the situation.
Currently, PRP are unsure if the man is armed/has access to weapons.
Residents can expect a heavy police presence in the area.
- Police Responding to Boat in Distress in Mississauga
- Police assisting individual in medical distress in MIssissauga
- Police on scene at disturbance on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga
- Police say man barricaded inside his home with a weapon in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Public Disturbance Involving Several Men In Mississauga
- Suspects, armed with a knife and gun, sought after Mississauga stabbing
- Male hospitalized following stabbing in Mississauga
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Houses in Mississauga significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga