Police responding to man in distress in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are responding to a disturbance in Mississauga.
At 4:42 p.m. today (July 23), PRP was called to the area of Goreway Drive and Derry Road in relation to a man in distress.
The man has barricaded himself inside a residence, and officers are on scene and attempting to de-escalate the situation.
Currently, PRP are unsure if the man is armed/has access to weapons.
Residents can expect a heavy police presence in the area.
- Police Responding to Boat in Distress in Mississauga
- Heavy police presence as officers respond to man with firearm inside Brampton residence
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- Police assisting individual in medical distress in MIssissauga
- Police on scene at disturbance on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February