Police responding to large-scale anti-lockdown protest in Hamilton
Officers are on scene for an anti-lockdown protest in Hamilton this afternoon.
It’s reported that approximately 300 people are gathering in the area of Main St E and Kenilworth Ave N to protest the current lockdown restrictions.
Police say they’ll be in the area for public safety and enforcement. There’s no word on any charges at this time.
The province announced a slew of harsher restrictions on Friday, including the closure of all outdoor recreational amenities, restricted travel into Ontario from Manitoba and Quebec, and giving police the authority to randomly stop vehicles or residents to ask where they’re from and where they’re going.
- 20 charges laid as 400 people attend anti-lockdown, anti-mask weekend protests: Hamilton Police
- Two people charged following anti-lockdown protest in Mississauga
- Halton police chief says officers won't stop residents for no reason during pandemic
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Anti-mask protest at City Hall in Mississauga
- Hamilton police won't conduct arbitrary vehicle and person stops to enforce stay-at-home order
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
- $100,000 prize for Brampton winner of Big Brother Canada
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies
- Frost advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Milton