Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
Officers are responding to a dangerous situation this afternoon.
Police were called at 5:09 p.m. for a young child hanging from the balcony rail of a sixth floor apartment in the area of Erindale Station Road and Dundas St West.
Officers are currently on scene.
More information to come.
Police say the seven year old child was playing near a window when he slipped out.
“Mother of child heard cries for help and was able to grab the child but was unable to pull him inside and was losing hold,” police said.
Officers breached the door to the residence and a window near the child and were able to pull him in.
No injuries were reported to the child.
Two officers suffered injuries from the broken glass and are currently being treated by Peel paramedics, police say.
- Four Peel police officers save young boy from falling in Mississauga
- Peel police make arrest in child luring investigation
- UPDATE: Police Searching for Missing Child Last Seen in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Information About Child Pornography Suspect
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers