Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
Officers are responding to a dangerous situation this afternoon.
Police were called at 5:09 p.m. for a young child hanging from the balcony rail of a sixth floor apartment in the area of Erindale Station Road and Dundas St West.
Officers are currently on scene.
More information to come.
Police say the seven year old child was playing near a window when he slipped out.
“Mother of child heard cries for help and was able to grab the child but was unable to pull him inside and was losing hold,” police said.
Officers breached the door to the residence and a window near the child and were able to pull him in.
No injuries were reported to the child.
Two officers suffered injuries from the broken glass and are currently being treated by Peel paramedics, police say.
- Four Peel police officers save young boy from falling in Mississauga
- Peel police make arrest in child luring investigation
- Police Looking for Information About Child Pornography Suspect
- UPDATE: Police Searching for Missing Child Last Seen in Mississauga
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case