Police responding after two skaters fall through ice on Credit River in Mississauga
Police are attending the scene of an incident in Port Credit this evening.
At 5:28 p.m., it was reported that numerous people were skating on the Credit River in the area of Lakeshore Rd and John St.
Two people fell through the ice but managed to get out on their own, police say.
Officers are heading to the scene to check on their well-being.
Residents are reminded to use caution around the city’s waterways as the ice can potentially be dangerous.
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- VIDEO: Authorities cleaning up oil spill in the Credit River in Mississauga
- Police on scene at disturbance on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga
- Police Recover Dead Body from River in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU