Police responding after two skaters fall through ice on Credit River in Mississauga
Police are attending the scene of an incident in Port Credit this evening.
At 5:28 p.m., it was reported that numerous people were skating on the Credit River in the area of Lakeshore Rd and John St.
Two people fell through the ice but managed to get out on their own, police say.
Officers are heading to the scene to check on their well-being.
Residents are reminded to use caution around the city’s waterways as the ice can potentially be dangerous.
- Metrolinx working with Peel police to discourage people from diving off train tracks into Credit River in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- VIDEO: Authorities cleaning up oil spill in the Credit River in Mississauga
- Mississauga daredevils warned to stop jumping from railway bridge into the Credit River
- No Pfizer until mid July for adults in Mississauga and Brampton
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- Two Mississauga 16-year-olds arrested for burning Pride flag
- Just 21 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region, 10 in Mississauga and 10 in Brampton