Police Release Identity of Mississauga Man Killed in Hamilton
Hamilton police are investigating following an incident in which a Mississauga man died after being brutally injured.
According to police, on Friday, April 28 shortly after 2:30 a.m., the victim arrived at the Pioneer Gas Station on Upper Centennial Parkway in Hamilton covered in blood and suffering from life-threatening injuries.
Police say the man was able to ask a bystander to call 9-1-1 and was promptly transported to hospital in critical condition.
On April 30, police announced that the victim, 33-year-old Hayder Qasim-Rushdi, had died.
The Homicide Unit was assigned to take carriage of the investigation.
Police say more details will be available to the public as the investigation continues.
A post mortem is expected to take place on Monday May 1.
There is no immediate concern for public safety at this time.
- Police Investigating After Mississauga Man Dies in Hamilton
- Two Teen Escorts Arrested in Connection with Brutal Stabbing of Mississauga Man
- Three Teenage Escorts Wanted in Connection with Mississauga Man’s Brutal Slaying
- Trio of Teen Escorts May Have Murdered Mississauga Man During Robbery
- UPDATE: Police are urging witnesses of shooting involving seven-year-old boy in Hamilton to come forward
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Utility companies warning of a scam threatening to leave Ontarians powerless and cold
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple