Police Release Identity of Mississauga Man Killed in Hamilton
Hamilton police are investigating following an incident in which a Mississauga man died after being brutally injured.
According to police, on Friday, April 28 shortly after 2:30 a.m., the victim arrived at the Pioneer Gas Station on Upper Centennial Parkway in Hamilton covered in blood and suffering from life-threatening injuries.
Police say the man was able to ask a bystander to call 9-1-1 and was promptly transported to hospital in critical condition.
On April 30, police announced that the victim, 33-year-old Hayder Qasim-Rushdi, had died.
The Homicide Unit was assigned to take carriage of the investigation.
Police say more details will be available to the public as the investigation continues.
A post mortem is expected to take place on Monday May 1.
There is no immediate concern for public safety at this time.
- Police Investigating After Mississauga Man Dies in Hamilton
- Two Teen Escorts Arrested in Connection with Brutal Stabbing of Mississauga Man
- Three Teenage Escorts Wanted in Connection with Mississauga Man’s Brutal Slaying
- Trio of Teen Escorts May Have Murdered Mississauga Man During Robbery
- Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19