Police on Scene for Shooting Investigation in Mississauga
Officers are conducting an investigation this afternoon.
Around 6:15 p.m., police reported a possible shooting in the area of Goreway and Brandon Gate Drive.
Residents are asked to avoid the area for now.
Updates to come.
Police report that this incident is also being investigated by Toronto Police.
Toronto Police say a male victim, unconscious and not breathing, was taken to hospital with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead shortly after.
Police confirm that the shooting happened in Peel.
The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATED: Investigation Prompts High Police Presence in Residential Area
- UPDATE: Police Confirm Multiple Teenage Victims in Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting
- Male in hospital following shooting in Mississauga
- Male suffering from gunshot wounds following shooting in Brampton
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl
- Police investigating dead body found in park in Mississauga