Police on Scene for Crash Involving Nine Year Old Driver in Mississauga
Officers are investigating a collision in Mississauga this evening.
Police were called at 6:06 p.m. for a two-vehicle crash in the area of McLaughlin Road and Eglinton Avenue.
According to police, one of the drivers involved is nine years old.
“We're still trying to determine what exactly happened,” police say.
No injuries have been reported.
Residents should avoid the area as the investigation continues.
Updates to come.
UPDATE: According to police, the nine year old child asked an adult neighbour if they could operate the vehicle.
“Child was allowed to reverse the vehicle and when the child tried to pull it forward, the child lost control and struck another vehicle in the adjacent driveway,” police report.
There are no injuries.
- Police investigating collision involving child struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Adult and Child Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Child Cyclist Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Child Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga