Police On Scene Due to Person in Crisis in Mississauga
Police are currently on scene dealing a person in crisis in Mississauga.
Earlier media reports indicated that the incident was a possible hostage situation, but police say they did not refer to or label it as such.
“We never deemed it a hostage situation,” Peel police Cst. Iryna Yashnyk told inSauga.com. “We knew about the individual we received a call about, and the other person [involved]. Now that they're out. we'll be determining if charges are appropriate or if it was something medical.”
Peel police say officers were called to Absolute Ave. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. around 8:30 a.m. this morning (Feb. 15) to deal with a “person in crisis.”
Police say both parties have been escorted out of the unit.
No injuries have been reported.
- Police Dealing with Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Person in Distress in Mississauga
- Police Apprehend 'Man in Crisis' in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Report of Person in Creek in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Vehicle with Person Who May Have Medical Condition
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic