Police On Scene Due to Person in Crisis in Mississauga
Police are currently on scene dealing a person in crisis in Mississauga.
Earlier media reports indicated that the incident was a possible hostage situation, but police say they did not refer to or label it as such.
“We never deemed it a hostage situation,” Peel police Cst. Iryna Yashnyk told inSauga.com. “We knew about the individual we received a call about, and the other person [involved]. Now that they're out. we'll be determining if charges are appropriate or if it was something medical.”
Peel police say officers were called to Absolute Ave. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. around 8:30 a.m. this morning (Feb. 15) to deal with a “person in crisis.”
Police say both parties have been escorted out of the unit.
No injuries have been reported.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Mississauga council votes to oppose construction of new GTA highway
- Peel Region plans to vaccinate people in Mississauga and Brampton who are housebound
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 new flights with COVID-19