Police on Scene at Mississauga High School Following Troubling Email
Police are on scene at a Mississauga high school to conduct an investigation into a worrisome email that was sent overnight.
Peel police told inSauga.com that police are currently investigating "non-specific statements" made to members of the Peel District School Board and Clarkson Secondary School more specifically.
Police say they are working with the school board to ensure safety of staff and students.
There is no information on the content or statement made in the email at this time.
" We would like to make you aware that police are at Clarkson Secondary School today to conduct an investigation into information received overnight," administrators at Clarkson Secondary School wrote on the school's website. "Out of an abundance of caution, there will be an increased police presence at the school today."
Although there's additional police presence at the school, the institution is operating as usual—classes are not cancelled.
That said, school administrators are asking students to avoid some entrances and exits.
"Police have assured us that it is safe to continue with our regular school routines while they look into the situation. We ask that all students, staff and guests enter and exit through the front doors only today."
Updates to follow.
- Police investigating after student stabbed at Mississauga high school
- Peel District School Board provides update on when and how Mississauga students will return to school
- School buildings and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today
- Mississauga students moved to another Malton school as police investigate
- Police Arrest Individual After Threats Made Against Mississauga School
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- UPDATE: Section of 401 in Halton closed after collision