Police Officer Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Police Cruiser in Mississauga
In a case of cruel irony, a Peel police officer is facing serious injuries after being struck by another officer driving a police cruiser.
According to an article from CTV News, the incident occurred around 10 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Barbertown and Mississauga roads, where the victim was working as a paid duty officer.
Police got a call regarding a break and enter at a store near Queen and Kerr streets. Cruisers raced to the location, which is when one of them struck the officer.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating the incident, looking for witnesses and any possible video surveillance. They are also trying to determine how fast the vehicle was moving when it hit the victim.
"There is the basis to lay criminal charges against person the driving," CTV heard from Jason Gennaro of the SIU. No details have been released on the officer who was driving.
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Multiple Lanes Blocked Following Collision in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Suspicious Fire at Children’s Playground in Mississauga