Police Officer Facing Criminal Charges
A Peel police officer has been charged following an investigation by Peel Regional Police.
The Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Burea has charged Constable Rajvir Ghuman with domestic assault, forcible confinement and mischief over $5000.
Constable Ghuman was suspended with pay as per the provisions of the Ontario Police Services Act.
According to the Act, officers suspended from duty are done so with pay.
"Conduct of this nature is not tolerated by the Peel Regional Police and any officer who engages in this behavior will be investigated and charged appropriately,” said chief Jennifer Evans.
Constable Ghuman is scheduled for a hearing on August 21, 2017.
Officers are subject to the same laws as all other members of the public, alongside discipline under the Ontario Police Services Act.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots