Police Officer Facing Criminal Charges
A Peel police officer has been charged following an investigation by Peel Regional Police.
The Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Burea has charged Constable Rajvir Ghuman with domestic assault, forcible confinement and mischief over $5000.
Constable Ghuman was suspended with pay as per the provisions of the Ontario Police Services Act.
According to the Act, officers suspended from duty are done so with pay.
"Conduct of this nature is not tolerated by the Peel Regional Police and any officer who engages in this behavior will be investigated and charged appropriately,” said chief Jennifer Evans.
Constable Ghuman is scheduled for a hearing on August 21, 2017.
Officers are subject to the same laws as all other members of the public, alongside discipline under the Ontario Police Services Act.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga