Police nab Hamilton man responsible for several garage, shed break-ins in Oakville, Burlington
Halton Regional Police have charged a Hamilton man with more than 40 offences in relation to a series of garage and shed break-ins in Oakville and Burlington.
The 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau (CIB), with the assistance of 2 District CIB, concluded a week-long investigation and discovered since May 23, 2021 reports of 37 incidents where vehicles, garages and outdoor sheds were entered.
Police discovered in many incidents the accused used the garage door opener stolen from the vehicle in the victim’s driveway to help him get into the garage.
Several items were stolen through the break-ins, including high-end bicycles and tools. The accused also used a stolen vehicle to pull off these crimes.
Dylan Brown, 28, was arrested on June 2 at a Hamilton residence. He has been charged with the following offences:
- 11 counts of Break and Enter
- four counts of Theft Under $5000
- 13 counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Three counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Six counts of Trespass at Night
- Fraud under $5000
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Trafficking Stolen Property
As a result of the investigation, Halton Police executed a search and approximately $70,000 worth of stolen property was recovered.
Brown has been held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Police are continuing the investigation in efforts to identify other possible suspects in regards to these incidents.
Anyone with information regarding the investigation or looking to enquire about any recovered stolen property is asked to call Detective/Constable Cole Richards at 905-825-4747, ext. 2345 or Detective/Constable Mark Bingham at 905-825-4747, ext. 2268.
You can also submit tips anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the website at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
Police also want to remind the community of the following tips to help prevent them from being victims of these types of crimes:
- Ensure your vehicle doors are always locked
- Always roll up your windows
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle
- Leave an exterior light on to illuminate your driveway at night
- Remove your garage door opener
- Four Hamilton suspects now charged in series of garage break-ins in Oakville and Burlington
- Three Mississauga residents charged in stolen property investigation
- Stolen auto investigation leads to three arrests in Mississauga
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Popular Hamilton pizza and pasta restaurant coming to Mississauga