Police monitoring ongoing protest in Milton, closing intersections
Police are asking residents to avoid the area of a protest happening this afternoon in Milton.
Protestors are marching along Main St from Brown St to Thompson Rd in a protest that was planned for 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The event is meant to show solidarity with Palestine and to encourage the Canadian government to step up and help Palestinians during the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
“Halton Police will be monitoring and ensuring the safety of participants in a demonstration taking place along Main St at Brown St to Thompson Rd in Milton,” police said.
Police said they would also be closing intersections along the route.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
- Police Monitoring Protest in Mississauga
- 22 people charged following anti-mask protest, pro-Palestine protest at Hamilton City Hall
- A protest will be taking place at a police station in Mississauga
- Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area Due to Ongoing House Fire in Mississauga
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Breaking out in a mysterious rash? Mississauga's gypsy moth may be the problem
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged