Police make arrest in connection to hit-and-run in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has made an arrest in connection to a hit-and-run in Mississauga.
Yesterday afternoon (October 18), PRP was called to the area of Eglinton Avenue and Kennedy Road in connection to a hit-and-run.
After a brief investigation, officers located the car and driver, and found and seized a revolver and ammunition.
Twenty-year-old Tyrone Samuels was charged with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Operation While Impaired
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Careless Storage of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
Samuels was held pending a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice today (October 19), in the City of Brampton.
The investigation is still on-going, and anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121 extension 1233.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Police arrest Mississauga man in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- Mississauga man arrested in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- Arrest made in connection to Mississauga carjacking
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Police Make Arrest in Connection with Car Torching in Mississauga
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga