Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga
Police have arrested one person in connection with a shooting incident in Mississauga and are currently looking for another suspect.
Peel police recently announced officers have arrested a man for alleged attempted murder, firearms and drug-related offences. Investigators are also seeking the public's assistance in identifying a suspect in the incident.
Police report that on Tuesday Sept. 19, a 34 year-old male victim was shot in his apartment unit in the Mississauga Valley Boulevard and Central Parkway area.
Video surveillance from the building identified the alleged shooter. On Sept. 29, 21-year-old Toronto Man Canute McKenzie was arrested for attempted murder, firearms related charges, and drug possession.
Police say the firearm used in the shooting was recovered during a search warrant.
McKenzie was held for a bail hearing.
Now, investigators are asking for the public's assistance in identifying a second male that was present during the shooting.
The suspect is described as a black, clean-shaven male with cornrow-style hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt, green track pants and white running shoes.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or the identity of the suspect is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Police Release Photos of Suspect Following Shooting in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Nightclub Shooting Suspect in Mississauga
- Police Searching For Mississauga Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Shooting Suspect Also Wanted on Murder and Child Sexual Assault Charges