Police Issue Public Safety Warning to Mississauga Residents
Police recently advised residents in Mississauga and Brampton to exercise more caution due to an increase in residential break-ins throughout the region.
Because of the increases, police are advising residents to keep the following tips in mind:
1) If you notice anyone suspicious in your neighbourhood, contact Peel Regional Police;
2) Get to know your neighbours;
3) Join a Neighbourhood Watch group;
4) Ensure windows and doors are locked on your residence and vehicles;
5) Have a friend or neighbour pick-up newspapers, deliveries or mail;
6) Have exterior and interior lighting on timers;
7) Ensure you have clear sight lines to and from access points into your residence;
Police recently arrested a man in connection with 17 commercial (non-residential) break-ins in Mississauga.
For more information on home security, click here contact the Peel Regional Police Crime Prevention Services office at 905-453-2121 ext. 4021.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Easter Weekend in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations