Police Issue Public Safety Advisory After Alleged Street Robberies With Guns in Mississauga
After two reported street robberies in Mississauga in the same area over the past few days, Peel Regional Police have issued a safety advisory and are looking for more information regarding the incidents.
Police say that on Sunday, January 14, 2018, at around 11:30 p.m. in the area of Britannia Road and Glen Erin Drive, a 54-year-old woman was approached by an unknown male suspect and “thrown to the ground.”
“The suspect told the victim that he had a gun and then assaulted her before fleeing with her purse,” said police in a recent statement.
The suspect in the first incident is described as male, medium build, 5'10" and wearing all black clothing.
On Monday, January 15, 2018 at around midnight, police say there was a second, similar incident.
An 18-year-old male was walking in the area of Britannia Road and Glen Erin Drive when he was approached by two unknown male suspects, one of whom produced a hand gun.
“When the victim attempted to flee, the victim was assaulted and his property obtained,” say police.
The suspects in the second incident are described as:
1) A Black male, thin build, 120 lbs., 5'9", wearing a black sweater, black pyjama pants and sun glasses
2) A Black or South Asian male, thin build, 140 lbs., 6', wearing a black sweater, black track pants, sun glasses and was holding a hand gun.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga