Police Investigating Two Shootings After Man Fatally Shot in Mississauga
Police are investigating two shooting incidents, believed to be connected to each other, that took place on Highway 410 in Mississauga and Brampton.
The first incident happened around 12:55 a.m. on Tuesday, November 13. OPP officers responded to single vehicle accident on northbound Highway 410 near Courtney Park Drive in Mississauga.
Officers located the vehicle in a ditch and discovered that the vehicle’s sole occupant had been shot.
He was transported to Sunnybrook Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The victim is identified as 23 year old Jason Ramkishun from Brampton.
According to police investigation, the victim’s identity was mistaken, as Ramkishun was not the intended target in this shooting.
Around 11:21 p.m. on Tuesday, November 20, a 26 year old Brampton man was travelling northbound on Highway 410 in the area of Steeles Avenue in Brampton.
Police say unknown suspects fired multiple shots at the moving vehicle, striking the victim and resulting in serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators believe that this victim was the intended target.
The investigation is ongoing into both shootings.
Police are appealing for witnesses, anyone with information, and anyone who may have video footage of either of these incidents to contact them at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- Police make arrests in high-profile “mistaken identity” murder case in Mississauga
- Police offering $25,000 reward for information in Mississauga homicide
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: Mississauga Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man