Police investigating "suspicious" person wielding screwdrivers in Mississauga
Police are responding to reports regarding a “suspicious person” in Mississauga.
Peel police say residents have reportedly witnessed a male walking on the sidewalk in the Hurontario St. and King St. area while holding several screwdrivers.
Police say they have received a complaint indicating that the male may potentially harm someone with the screwdrivers.
A call regarding the incident was received at 3:00 pm.
Police say that the male has been located by officers and that he is being taken to a local hospital under the authority of the Mental Health Act to receive support.
No injuries have been reported.
- Police responding to agitated male walking in middle of road in Mississauga
- Male and police officer taken to hospital after overnight incident in Mississauga
- Police responding to reports of person being shot in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Reports Of A Suspicious Man With A Gun In Mississauga
- Police investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga