Police Investigating Suspicious Overnight Fire in Mississauga
A fire that broke out last night in Mississauga is currently being investigated.
Police got a call at approximately 1:07 a.m. regarding a car fire behind a residential building in the area of Park Street East, west of Hurontario at Lakeshore Road.
The fire made its way to the building and up several floors before it was put out. However, police are currently unsure whether the car fire spread or if there were simply multiple fires.
While the cause of fire has not been disclosed, police have called the incident “suspicious” and are looking further into it.
The Ontario Fire Marshal will be attending the scene today to conduct an investigation.
Residents in the building were temporarily evacuated. No injuries have been reported, fortunately.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga