Police investigating suspicious fire in Mississauga
A fire that temporarily displaced close to 200 people has been deemed suspicious, police say.
Peel police say a call regarding a blaze at a building in the Dundas St. E. and Main St. area came in shortly after 5:15 pm on Feb. 14.
Occupants were displaced and given shelter in buses.
Police say the fire is considered suspicious at this time.
No injuries were reported, but a small number of people were treated for smoke inhalation.
All of the building’s occupants have been accounted for.
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga grocery stores
- Ontario to expand big-box-retail blitz amid widespread rule violations