Police investigating shooting and carjacking in Mississauga
A police investigation is underway this evening.
Around 7:00 p.m. officers were called to the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Confederation Parkway, where they were allegedly fired upon and returned fire.
Police say the shooting suspects fled and carjacked a vehicle with a child onboard.
The vehicle was later located by officers near Eglinton Avenue and Creditview Road.
“The child has been located safe and is with officers,” said police.
There’s a significant police presence in both areas as officers continue to search for the suspects, and a York Regional Police helicopter has been requested to assist the investigation.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
More information to come.
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- Officers on Scene for Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspected Thieves Posing as Police Officers Target Mississauga Resident
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Police looking for vehicle involved in shooting incident in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious