Police investigating shooting and carjacking in Mississauga
A police investigation is underway this evening.
Around 7:00 p.m. officers were called to the area of Burnhamthorpe Road and Confederation Parkway, where they were allegedly fired upon and returned fire.
Police say the shooting suspects fled and carjacked a vehicle with a child onboard.
The vehicle was later located by officers near Eglinton Avenue and Creditview Road.
“The child has been located safe and is with officers,” said police.
There’s a significant police presence in both areas as officers continue to search for the suspects, and a York Regional Police helicopter has been requested to assist the investigation.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
More information to come.
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- Officers on Scene for Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspected Thieves Posing as Police Officers Target Mississauga Resident
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Police looking for vehicle involved in shooting incident in Mississauga
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Restaurant says Oosterhoff party was ‘reminded several times’ to follow COVID rules
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27