Police investigating reports of a 'buried baby' in downtown Hamilton
Hamilton Police said Wednesday (Feb. 24) they’re investigating the accuracy of a report that a baby was found buried at a residence on Wellington St. North.
Two people have been taken into custody in relation to the investigation.
Police say they received the call just after midnight.
“[We are] are investigating a report of a baby buried at the residence,” said police in an official statement. “At this time, Hamilton Police are unable to confirm the accuracy of the report.”
Officials are expected to be at the location for several days.
- Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Hamilton Police investigating video of woman calling baby N-word
- Police Investigating After Mississauga Man Dies in Hamilton
- Police investigating after shot fired at Mississauga residence
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton