Police investigating reports of a 'buried baby' in downtown Hamilton
Hamilton Police said Wednesday (Feb. 24) they’re investigating the accuracy of a report that a baby was found buried at a residence on Wellington St. North.
Two people have been taken into custody in relation to the investigation.
Police say they received the call just after midnight.
“[We are] are investigating a report of a baby buried at the residence,” said police in an official statement. “At this time, Hamilton Police are unable to confirm the accuracy of the report.”
Officials are expected to be at the location for several days.
- Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Police Investigating After Mississauga Man Dies in Hamilton
- Police investigating after shot fired at Mississauga residence
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more