Police investigating motorcycle collision in Mississauga
Peel police received a call at 2:24 pm in regard to a collision in Mississauga.
The collision occurred in the area of Unity Drive and Loyalist Drive, according to police.
Police say the collision involved a motorcycle and reports from the scene indicate the motorcycle is on fire.
The extent of injuries is unknown.
Police are advising the public to use alternate routes.
UPDATE: Police say the male adult motorcyclist has been taken to a trauma centre with possible life-threatening injuries. The collision involved a single motorcycle that collided into a tree, according to police. Road closures are in place. The Major Collision Bureau is attending the scene.
UPDATE #2: There are currently road closures eastbound and westbound. Police say Unity Drive is closed from Loyalist Drive to The Collegeway. Police are advising people to avoid the area at this time.
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities