Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are currently investigating a homicide that took place on Tuesday, September 3 in Mississauga.
At approximately 6:15 pm, officers responded to a residence on Shelby Crescent in Mississauga in regards to an assault.
Upon arrival, an 88-year-old woman was located suffering from life-threatening injuries and was transported to a hospital where she later died as a result of blunt force injuries that she sustained.
Police stated that the accused person in this incident attended a local police station shortly after the incident and surrendered himself to the police.
The accused is a 52-year-old man from Mississauga and has been identified as the victims' son. He will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice Wednesday, September 4, in answer to the charge of Second Degree Murder.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, extension 3205.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Son Charged With Murder Of 88-Year-Old Mississauga Mother
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- Police Arrest Homicide Suspect in Connection with Mall Stabbing