Police Investigating Highway Shooting in Mississauga
Police are appealing to witnesses following a reported shooting in Mississauga.
The OPP says that officers with the force's Port Credit detachment received reports of a shooting around 4:00 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 17.
The shooting reportedly occurred on the 401 near Winston Churchill Blvd.
Police say the shooting resulted in a collision involving at least two vehicles. One of the vehicles rolled over on the highway and another vehicle failed to remain.
The OPP say the vehicle located at the scene had multiple bullet holes and was occupied by five males at the time of the incident. No serious injuries were reported.
Police say the vehicle that fled the scene is believed to have damage to both sides, including damage to a passenger side wheel. There is no other description of the vehicle at this time.
Investigators are seeking assistance from the public, including any tow truck operators or vehicle repair facilities that may have assisted the driver or repaired the vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Detective Constable Tara Bolstad at 416-518-3393. You can also remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
- Highway Closure Prompted by Shooting in Mississauga
- Police investigating vehicle found with bullet holes in Mississauga
- Police Appealing for Witnesses in Mississauga Shooting
- Police seeking witnesses of a shooting that occurred in Mississauga
- Police looking for vehicle involved in shooting incident in Mississauga