Police Investigating Following Dangerous Driving Incident in Mississauga
Police are appealing to the public for help following what they're calling a "dangerous driving incident" that took place during the Mississauga Marathon.
Peel police say that on Sunday, May 6, an officer was posted at a road closure point on Indian Road to prevent access to a road being used for the marathon.
Police say that at approximately 8:45 a.m. a vehicle approached the traffic point, ignored all directions given by the officer and entered the closed running lanes.
“There were no injuries, however several marathon runners and motor vehicles were impeded,” police say.
On Wednesday, May 9, the person suspected of operating the vehicle was identified as 21-year-old Mississauga man Dylan Djurickovic.
The accused was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, and released with a future court date in June 2018.
Police say investigators would like to speak to any witnesses or Mississauga Marathon participants that observed the actions of the driver.
Anyone who may have video surveillance, dashboard video, or any information regarding the incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Police Identify Man Accused of Hitting and Dragging OPP Officer in Mississauga
- Police looking for vehicle involved in shooting incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
- Police Seek Witnesses in Mississauga Shooting Incident
- Police Identify Victim in Suspected Murder-Suicide Incident
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon